Lobby Marble Panels Before Replacement
Replacing marble panels in a lobby is quite an intricate process, requiring attention to detail and specific knowledge on the handling and installation of marble. Here's a simplified overview of the steps involved:
- Assessment: The first step involves assessing the existing marble panels. This will include checking the condition of the panels and the underlying structure. This can help you decide whether all panels need to be replaced or if some can be repaired.
- Removal: The old marble panels are carefully removed to avoid damaging the underlying structure. This is a delicate process, as marble is a fragile material and can easily crack or break. The process typically involves slowly prying the panels off, using tools that won't damage the marble or the wall.
- Preparation: Once the old panels are removed, the underlying wall or structure needs to be prepared. This could involve cleaning, leveling, or applying specific treatments to ensure that the new marble panels will adhere properly.
- Selection: The new marble panels are selected. This could be based on aesthetic preferences, budget, or the specific requirements of the space. Factors such as color, pattern, thickness, and finish may all be considered.
- Installation: The new marble panels are then installed. This typically involves applying a suitable adhesive to the back of the panels and then positioning them carefully on the wall. The panels need to be pressed firmly into place to ensure good adhesion.
- Sealing and finishing: Once the panels are installed, they are typically sealed to protect them from stains and damage. This involves applying a sealer to the surface of the marble. Finally, any necessary finishing touches are made, such as cleaning and polishing the marble.
Remember that replacing marble panels is a complex process that typically requires professional expertise. It's also important to note that marble is a natural material, which means that each piece is unique and variations in color and pattern should be expected. This can add to the beauty of the finished result, but it also means that careful selection of the panels is important to ensure a cohesive look.
Submit Your Order or Ask a Question :
You'll get a response within a few minutes or hours and usually not longer than 24 hours.